Publisher: Juta 2019
Labour Relations in Practice deals with the core labour and employment relations matters regularly encountered by Labour Relations and Human Resources officers, managers, union representatives, bargaining council functionaries and people in advisory services.
Now in its third edition, it contains actual cases heard by the CCMA and Labour Court; legislation updated to the end of 2018; skills development and the new emphasis on trades and occupations.
The topics covered include:
- the roles, rights and obligations of the various stakeholders in organisations
- the role of the state in the labour relationship and the legislation by which it attempts to regulate this relationship
- the role of collectives, such as trade unions and employer organisations, and the rights granted to them
- legal requirements for fair recruitment practices
- employment contracts
- the various acts that affect labour practices, including affirmative action and skills development
- conducting negotiations and dealing with employee grievances
- discipline at the workplace, dispute settlement and fair dismissal practice.